Franklin, OH 45005, USA Franklin, OH 45005
What does being a recruiter mean to us? It means earning your trust, being there when you need us most, and going beyond the call of duty to help you succeed.
At Eastern Personnel, we help people. Let us help you!
Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Associate responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. DM2/PDI, etc.) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting associate should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Associate will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively in a high-volume environment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Invoice customers based on correct pricing, taxes, freight, and other applicable charges as quoted to customer or specified customer’s contract. 2. Correct purchase orders and sales orders in accounting system on applicable customers. 3. Check vender’s invoices for accurate pricing, taxes, freight, and other applicable charges. 4. Enter vendor’s invoices into HPC’s accounting system for payment. 5. Handle discrepancies of any vendor and customer invoices.
1. Provide daily pricing and price confirmations for assigned accounts. 2. Update pricing template with daily or monthly changes to products, taxes, freight and surcharges.
1. Provide customers with monthly usage reports and/or statements. 2. Provide assistance to other departments with any accounting questions or reports. 3. Assist with monthly motor fuel tax reports.
1. Customer Service 2. Ensure compliance of standard accounting practices 3. Submit invoices for payment through online payment system for applicable customers. 4. Retrieve aging report from vendors to ensure HPC has received all invoices. 5. Print remittance advises for all applicable customers for payment. 6. Maintain daily logs of orders placed and delivered. 7. Assist with collections and audits. 8. Cross-train employees within department. 9. Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: An equivalent of an associate degree in accounting or related area strongly preferred; 1 to 3 years of experience in high volume billing/payable role; : accurate with data entry, able to create invoice receivable, and typing test required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to prepare correspondence. Ability to respond to question and effectively present information in one-on-one situations to vendors and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to take initiative on assignments is necessary.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and the job-related software (accounting software, as well as Microsoft Office products), a keyboard, calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Eastern Personnel Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer