Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
1101 Summit Road, Cincinnati, OH 45237 Cincinnati, OH 45237
Serves patients by providing educational information; helping with daily living; monitoring vital signs and functions; administering medications.
* Educates patients and their families by assisting in preoperative, postoperative, and relevant health teaching.
* Administers medications by preparing medications; administering specified medication orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection; recording dosage and time in patient record; maintaining logs.
* Provides ancillary medical care by dressing wounds; giving enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages; applying compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
* Maintains patient stability by taking and recording vital signs.
* Maintains patient nutrition by examining food trays for prescribed diet; feeding patients; recording food and fluid intake and output.
* Helps patients with daily living by bathing, dressing, and assisting patients in walking and turning.
* Keeps nursing supervisors informed by observing patients and reporting adverse reactions to medication or treatment.
* Maintains equipment and supplies by keeping catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen supplies available.
* Performs routine laboratory tests by collecting samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum.
* Prepares cadavers for the mortuary by washing and dressing deceased persons.
* Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances nursing and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Practical Nursing License
- Administering Medication
- Pain Management
- Informing Others
- Hospital Environment
- Bedside Manner
- Nursing Skills
- Medical Teamwork
- Acute/Critical Care
- 1-2 Years Experience
- 20 Hours per month
- Set your own hours
Eastern Personnel Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer