State-Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
1101 Summit Road, Cincinnati, OH 45237 Cincinnati, OH 45237
Enables patients to stay in their homes by providing health and personal services; supporting patients and their families.
* Assesses patient condition by monitoring vital signs; recording intake and output; reviewing patient care journal; keeping family informed.
* Administers treatments by dispensing medications; changing bandages; administering oxygen; maintaining oxygen supply and equipment.
* Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying agency nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
* Helps patients care for themselves by introducing and teaching assisted living techniques, such as using a cane or walker, using special utensils to eat, using special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene needs.
* Helps family members care for the patient by introducing and teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; putting the family in contact with resources for additional home care help; directing them to Medicare reimbursement approaches for hospital beds, portable toilets, canes, walkers, lift-chairs, wheelchairs, etc.
* Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepses standards and procedures; changing linens, dusting, vacuuming; maintaining kitchen and bathroom facilities, handling personal laundry; maintaining security.
* Provides nutritious meals by following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards; preparing, cooking, and serving meals and snacks.
* Maintains continuity of patient home care by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in the patient journal for the next caregiver.
* Updates job knowledge and maintains certified nursing assistant status by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; fulfilling continuing education requirements.
* Protects the home health care company by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
* Enhances nursing assistant and home health care company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Verbal Communication
- Physiological Knowledge
- Nursing Skills
- Creating a Safe
- Effective Environment
- Client Relationships
Hours 10am - 3pm Tuesday and Thursday
Eastern Personnel Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer